Thursday, November 7, 2013

Traveling With a Baby - Dana's Trip to the ABC Show

Dana got to travel to Las Vegas with her new baby this year - here is her story!

With the ABC show moving back to Vegas this year, Frank & I took the opportunity to have a little vacation! However, with a breastfed 5 month old and not of a lot of frozen milk left, we knew we'd be doing this with baby in tow. So, we got to take our first flight with baby Winter. No matter how cool of a parent you are, there is nothing like the getting ready to get on a plane with an infant to set your nerves on fire. No one wants to be that parent whose baby is driving all the other passengers crazy. 

I believe the key to a successful trip is prepping ahead of time. That includes deciding what gear to take - what's necessary and what will make the trip easier. I knew from the start I'd be taking the Bugaboo Bee because traveling with it is so easy. Its great to stroll right up to the gate; just break it down in one piece right before hopping on the plane. When the baby is not in the stroller, I like to wear her in my Baby K'tan. It makes it so much easier to hold her when she falls asleep on the plane. I must say flying at night was perfect for her sleep schedule - though I don't recommend Spirit Airlines. That is another story for another blog.

Walking a kid trade show with a baby is definitely the way to go. People see a sweet little baby and they just give you stuff. Sticker with the "Cutest baby Ever" from Stickie Bellies. They put bows in her hair, lotion on her hands and socks on her feet. It also lets suppliers understand I am in the thick of things right now, with a new baby of my own. I only want products that work, make life easier, or make me more fabulous. 

Baby Winter with Pockets, the owner of Newport Cottages, and Lani from Design Star; me with Angela, my sales rep from Newport cottages (and Winter in the Baby K'tan!); Winter strolling through Las Vegas in the Bugaboo bee; and Winter with Angela. 
After all day at the trade show Frank and I took our baby not to just one but two bars! Yes, "you have a baby, in a bar".  We took her to the party thrown by Layla Grayce. I felt honored to be able to hang with these lovely, smart business women. Then the next night I really wanted sushi, and we ended up at Sushi Samba, which was basically a club with great food. Winter screaming fit in right with the atmosphere (definitely think about where you're taking your baby - will it upset you if she gets cranky? Or can you work with it?). 

We loved the show, and enjoyed the little vacation. It was a really great trip - and a great homecoming. We were all anxious to get home to our Big Girl, Ever.  


No comments:

Post a Comment