Friday, February 12, 2010

Custom Furniture

Before opening Daisy Baby, I had no idea one could custom make furniture. I thought you walked into a store. It came in that color, so that is how you had to buy it. I loved when some of my favorite clients and friends, Eileen & Annie taught me a thing or two about making furniture your own.

Tonight as I watch the opening ceremonies of the winter Olympics and put together the the new Art for Kids Binder, I am awed by the beauty of their pieces. It is amazing. The idea that you can take a simple bookcase or Armoire and totally create a unique piece the way you want it. How cool. You decide not only the color, but the finish, the trim, the background color. In these days of Ikea & pottery barn we forget people actually still make furniture in America, by hand. Really they do!

I am so proud to sell furniture like this. If you like the idea of handmade custom furniture. Check out Newport Cottages and Bradshaw Kirchofer. All from my home stare of California

No comments:

Post a Comment